Things you might want to know.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's happening in the Orchard?
Stages of Cherry Development
Interesting facts about Cherries
Our Farming Philosophy
In the Orchard
The orchard has been producing cherries for over 40 years and our farming philosophies are consistent with organic farming and integrated pest management principles. We believe in:
- Reducing the use of chemicals as much as possible.
- Protecting the environment, minimizing soil degradation and erosion, decreasing pollution, optimizing biological productivity and promoting a sound state of health.
- Maintaining long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil.
- Maintaining biological diversity within the system.
- Recycling materials and resources to the greatest extent possible.
- Carefully harvesting and preparing our produce to maintain quality freshness at all stages of production.
Having the peace of mind of knowing where your food comes from is important. The biggest benefit to buying produce locally, is having an actual person give you the history of that food, being able to answer questions about how it was grown, when it is ready and perhaps why it tastes so fresh and good!
Become a locavore by seeking locally grown, seasonally available food that is produced and prepared without unnecessay chemicals or preservatives.
We take pride in what we grow and hope you enjoy the quality and care that goes into what you buy.